TEAM COACHING – MODULE 1 (TTC1C202012)
TTC1C202012 : Dec 1-3, 2020
MODULE 2: Team Coaching
Module 1: Foundation course
This ICF-approved programme (10.5 Core Competency hours and 9.75 Resource Development CCE hours) is aimed at people with a solid foundation of experience and expertise in one to one coaching, who want to add team coaching to their portfolio. It aims to ensure that they are competent and confident in extending coaching approaches to helping teams become more effective and eventually develop the capability to coach themselves. The three-day course can be accepted as one-third fulfilment of a nine-day post-graduate certificate in team coaching.
The context of the programme is teams in the workplace, with particular emphasis on executive teams and project teams, although the tools, techniques and theory also apply to other forms of team.
- Introduction to the concept: a historical and theoretical perspective
- The purpose of team coaching
- How teams evolve
- Models of team learning
- What helps and hinders team efficacy? The leader follower relationship.
- What do we mean by high performing team?
- Differences between individual coaching and team coaching.
- Identifying team strengths and weaknesses.
- Key steps in the team coaching process – contracting, scoping, developing the team’s capacity to coach itself
- Team coaching session dialogue: contracting, goal setting, defining the issue, context, redefinition, seeking individual and collective mindshift, alternative ways forward, decisions, recontracting
- Competencies of a team coach
- Behaviours of teams and team members. How to recognize and analyze team dysfunction
- Principles of group dynamics
- Team identity
- Establishing and working with team purpose.
- Surfacing and managing conflicting agendas. Techniques for managing team conflict
- Communication and networking
- Techniques to clarify and build alignment with team goals.
- Managing team motivation, temporal issues, creativity
- Raising the quality of team decision-making
- Improving team processes
- Aligning individual and collective development within a Team Development Plan
- Ethical issues in team coaching
- Your personal development plan as a team coach
WHAT IS TEAM COACHING?
Team coaching is an exciting and challenging emerging professional dimension of coaching.
This workshop is aimed at experienced individual coaches and at team coaches of any experience level. It consists of three, three-day in-person modules – a stand-alone Foundation Module and two further Certificate Modules 2-3 – along with extensive reading, practice, and supervision.
This EMCC EQA and ICF CCE approved program is designed to help coaches become skilled in the more complex and emerging realm of team coaching. We expect this domain of coaching to grow rapidly in the region. We have an early market entry with a world-class, well-researched certification program.